There are a lot of things that can happen within 366 days.
While our team has seen new faces and has said goodbye to others we’ve been revisiting and reworking what our brand embodies, something that we will always continue to explore and grow. A product of that process resulted in the launch of a new product line, the PKG01, which has been received well above our expectations. We’ve also added a handful of new designs to existing collections while repackaging others.
Air miles wise we've made our annual visits to London, New York and California for tradeshows and collectively to Germany, Sweden, Myanmar, and New Mexico simply to have fun. We’ve extended our partnerships and collaborations with some great companies and individuals including MoMA, Dezeen, Designtorget, Need Supply, Maria Van Nguyen and Damon Shuler to name a few. Above this we’ve also made time to renovate our office!
Thank you all so much for your support this past year and we hope that the next year will be full of adventures and possibilities! We’ll keep traveling in 2017, stay tuned here, we hope to see you.
Here’s to a 2017 full of laughter, love and inspiration!
– David Ericsson and the VOID Watches Team
1. Detail of Silvia Marlia’s Home | While we’ve had a blog on our website for over two years now it wasn’t until 2016 where we started to really create content. We photographed Silvia’s story very early in 2016 and would like to continue to make more stories surrounding like-minded folks that we organically meet.
2. Studio Sessions | Our friend Ben, senior designer at Michael Young Studio and all around amazing guy, was kind enough to be our model for our recent Stockholm campaign. Fun facts: he was actually the first friend that VOID founder David Ericsson made in Hong Kong and the two (along with one other designer) would later share a band called Poubelle International.
3. The PKG01 | In the past couple of years we’ve been making both small and big upgrades to our existing collections such as the sleeker cases and more refined finishes of the V01MKII and V02MKII. While the idea of also slimming down our bestselling V03D was brought up, we decided to postpone such a change and create an entirely new product line which, would unlike the V01’s and V02’s broaden our audience. Thus the PKG01 was born – a classic collection that departs from our brand’s industrial look and still maintains simplicity at its core.
4. Fabian Öhrn | The history of our brand has seen two photographers: Fabian Öhrn and Amanda Kho. Fabian is responsible for really giving initial life and breathe to our brand with his landscape shot of our V01s and V02s floating in a paper matrix. Since the initial shoot in 2009 he has gone on to shoot still lives for much larger companies. He’s still kind enough offer to photograph for us!
5. New York, New York | Find us here again in January 2017 for a trunkshow at Goose Barnacle. We’ll also be exhibiting at Liberty, and NY NOW.
6. The Metis | This Limited Edition of 300 pieces is the product of our interest for space and mythology. We may be repackaging this watch to be a fuller set later this year so stay tuned!
7. Damon Shuler | Towards the end of 2016 we were very deliberate in seeking out genuine folks on social media that we could connect with beyond their admirable number of followers. We stumbled across the Instagram of Damon Shuler. What really peaked our interest about this Chicagoan designer was his old fim camera collection which included a beautful medium format Mamiya RB67. It's good to note that we also appreciated his NASA book.
8. The V02MKII | For our Fall/Winter shoot we aimed to photograph our newest and most modern designs like the V01 and V02s in a classic chiaroscuro light. Shot against an olive background, the combination of darker shadows and movement particularly found in the female shots add more warmth to our imagery which usually tends to be much more neutral or cool coloured.
9. MoMA Collaboration | One of our favourite collaborations is with the Museum of Modern Art. We designed a limited edition gold V03D with a custom dial for the museum which has since sold out online. Fear not, there may be another project on the horizon!
10. Maria Ngyuen | We’re hoping to work more with Maria in the coming year. She was one of the first creatives on our list that we wanted to collaborate with and put together her own V03P combination of a polished case with an olive leather strap.
12. Stockholm | As Ludwig Mies van der Rohe coined, ‘God is in the details,’ and indeed our last Limited Edition of 2016 is a testament to that statement. With a limited production of 300 pieces, the V03D-STHLM watch is a tribute to Stockholm. During your next visit to the Swedish capitol, take the underground metro and see whether you can connect all the details of the dial and case to their original inspirations.
14. California | During the summer of 2016 we tested our feet in new waters by taking exhibiting at Agenda, Long Beach. While we usually opt for more design, retail and accessory related shows it was an eye opening experience to showing amongst a lifestyle show dominated by street and skate culture. Like most shows it was a great space to meet new people and emerging brand including Jake of Great Bear Wax Co.
• By placing an order on www.voidwatches.com you agree and accept to the terms and conditions below.
• While VOID Watches offers free worldwide shipping, customers are responsible for paying for any local charges such as sales taxes, VAT, customs duty and any handling fees placed by their country of purchase and/or delivery.
• Your card information is transmitted over a secure SSL encryption and is not stored.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
1. VOID provides free worldwide shipping for all online orders.
All cart orders of 165USD AND ABOVE are shipped using FedEx Express. The shipping time for these deliveries are approximately 3-5 working days and are fully trackable.
All cart orders BELOW 165USD are shipped using registered airmail. Shipping time for these deliveries are approximately 3-4 weeks and have limited tracking.
Should you require faster delivery, upgrade to express shipping at checkout for an additional 15USD.
2. If you wish to expedite your shipment in less than 3 days please contact us on email@example.com, and we will try to arrange a faster shipping method at an additional cost if possible.
3. It takes between 1-3 days to process each order. Once processed, a shipping confirmation email will be sent out along with a tracking reference number. Please refer to your shipping confirmation email for details regarding our shipment.
4. While we provide free shipping, we are not responsible for local charges (sales tax / VAT, customs duty, handling fees) that may occur. These charges are at the customers own expense. Since duties and taxes vary by country we are not able to supply an estimated cost. Please refer to your local customs office for more information. Shipping fees and taxes will not be refunded for packages that are refused due to VAT/duties.
5. Please note that our office hours are as followed: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. Orders placed between Friday and Sunday will be dispatched the following working day.
Also note that during 2017 no shipments will be sent during the following public Hong Kong holidays:
Tuesday, April 04 / Ching Ming Festival
Friday, April 14 / Good Friday
Saturday, April 15 / Post Good Friday
Monday, April 17 / Easter Monday
Monday, May 01 / Labour Day
Wednesday, May 03 / The Buddha's Birthday
Tuesday, May 30 / Dragon Boat Festival
Saturday, July 01 / Special Administration Region (SAR) Day
Sunday, October 01 / National Day
Monday, October 02 / National Day Holiday
Thursday, October 05 / Day After Mid Autumn Festival
Saturday, October 28 / Chung Yeung Festival
Monday, December 25 / Christmas Day
Tuesday, December 26 / Boxing Day
6. All products are shipped out from our head office:
VOID Watches LTD
Unit 1204, Hollywood Centre,
233 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
7. As delays are inevitable, this may be due to custom clearance at destination, and VOID therefore holds no liability over delays. However, all shipments are insured at the expense of VOID Watches.
8. Unclaimed orders - If our courier is unable to successfully deliver your package to you we will have to charge you for the shipping and handling back to us. Remember that you will receive a tracking number and tracking information in your Shipping Confirmation.
1. We want all our customers to be happy with their purchases. If our products do not meet your expectations and you would like to exchange or return your purchase, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 working days from receiving the goods. Goods must be returned to:
VOID Watches LTD,
Unit 1204, Hollywood Centre,
233 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
2. All goods must be returned in the condition in which they were received and with the original packaging intact. Only the amount paid for the product(s) will be refunded in the manner in which you originally paid (For example, PayPal will be returned via your PayPal account).
3. At this time we do not provide pre-made shipping labels for returned and exchanged items.
4. For the return and exchange of VOID products purchased from other retailers, please contact them directly for their returning policy.
1. All our timepieces and cufflinks are covered by a two-year worldwide warranty, from the date of purchase. Excluding select items where otherwise stated such as discontinued products or certain sale items.
2. The warranty covers any and all parts of the watch that may need repair due to defects in materials or workmanship under normal use. VOID Watches’s obligations hereunder are limited to repair or replacement at its option. The warranty may be rejected on products showing evidence of extreme use such as a broken crystal or dented case.
3. The warranty excludes straps or bracelets and excessive wear or damages to the case, crystal or strap of a timepiece. VOID Watches is not liable for any consequential or incidental damages, and any recovery may not exceed the amount paid for the timepiece.
4. The warranty excludes batteries, due to time spent in warehousing and shipping, may be partially run down by the time of sale. All watches go through 100% battery check before dispatch.
5. The buyer is required to produce a proof of purchase upon request.
6. For warranty issues, please contact VOID Watches at email@example.com.